Application Support Specialist
We are looking for a Full Time Remote Working Application Support Specialist who will be responsible to manage and implement the technical components and configurations used to run the backend applications that enables the daily business operations.
The ideal candidate will be a technology savvy individual, with a background in programming, databases and financial services; a collaborative team player with infectious energy and a desire to communicate ideas respectfully to colleagues.
- Automation of business processes through any of the following common programming languages and frameworks (Java, Groovy, Python, C#)
- Maintains, configures and upgrades existing applications across the company
- Provide functional/ technical support and guidance for business users.
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying, and debugging tools and products
- Provide procedures, check lists and other documents for the 1st level support and other stakeholders
- Work with a tight knit group of engineers and data stakeholders
- Communicate and share ideas with external development teams on internal projects
- Running and monitor weekly and monthly batches associated with diverse operational processes
Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience as a software engineer in any of the following: Java, Groovy, Python, C#
- 1+ years’ experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Experience using Jira and Git
- Practical understanding of file structures and file permissions
- Strong talent for problem-solving—the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller working parts, and trace the implications in a step-by-step methodical way.
Experience on following skills and technologies is desirable:
- DevOps concepts understanding and hands on experience
- General database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/PosgreSQL
- Experience working with 1st and 2nd line support structures
- Some experience in the financial/insurance sector
- Experience with REST API, XML files
- Understanding of software security and data protection practices
- MQF level 6 or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or a recognised appropriate comparable qualification
Kindly forward us your C.V. on email@example.com