The Financial Controller is a key member of the LifeStar Finance team. The job holder ensures that the Function delivers high quality outputs and that all regulatory obligations are met.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of financial statements and management accounts together with relative variance analysis and commentaries
- Preparation of budgeting and forecasting
- Analysing the management accounts and identifying areas where there are discrepancies
- Preparing and managing cash flow
- Ensuring all financial transactions are recorded and filed properly
- Liaising with auditors in relation to issues and actions, and to ensure regulatory compliance
- Preparation of tax calculations / VAT returns for submission to tax authorities within set deadlines.
- Participating in / managing of Finance projects
- Reviewing and submitting external financial reports within deadlines.
- Maintaining relationships with the Banks.
- Preparing consolidated financial statements
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Group CFO
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fully qualified and warranted accountant or in advances stage of completion of qualification leading to CPA
- Knowledge of IFRS17 would be considered an asset
- Insurance experience especially with Solvency II experience would be given a preference
- Strong team player with a high sense of initiative
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in Finance related projects would be an asset.